Chinese New Year Lantern Making as an Engaging Prop in Fun ECE Creative Taster Workshop
To enable prospective students to learn more about early childhood education (ECE) and the concept of “play-based learning” through hands-on activities, YCCECE now welcomes senior secondary students and individuals who aspire to become early childhood educators to join a “taster” workshop on Saturday, February 6, 2021.
In this workshop, our lecturer will demonstrate how ECE learning activities can be organised, in this case by making creative paper lanterns.
Five key takeaways from this experience:
- A better understanding of Early Childhood Education and “play-based learning” concepts.
- Integration of creative art in an ECE class to make attractive teaching props.
- Informative engagement with lecturers and students to get a taste of our interactive learning style.
- One-on-one programme consultation and campus tour.
- The opportunity to apply for a YCCECE Bachelor’s Degree, Higher Diploma, or Diploma programmes onsite with a waiver on the normal HK$300 application fee.
6 February 2021 (Saturday)
12:00nn - 1:00pm
- Chinese New Year Lantern Making & Reflection
- Programme consultation
- Onsite free application
- Campus tour
YCCECE, 2 Tin Wan Hill Road, Aberdeen
Mainly in English
Secondary Six students and individuals who plan to apply for YCCECE’s Early Childhood Education Degree, Higher Diploma and Diploma programmes
A HK$300 application fee is waived for participants who submit an application at the venue.