The post holder will carry a functional title Alumni Relations and Stewardship Manager and he/she provides leadership for an alumni relations and stewardship program that complements and supports the mission of the institution. This position is responsible for overall administration of the Alumni Relations Office, including strategic planning, fiscal management, staffing, and program development; serves as the chief contact and manager of the Alumni Association; coordinates the Alumni Leadership Council and is responsible for strengthening the College’s ties with its alumni. This position also oversees all prospect and donor stewardship, including thank you correspondence and recognition tracking, gift naming commitments and “In Recognition of” announcements, newsletters and stewardship and cultivation events.
The major responsibilities of the post-holder are:
• Manage all Alumni Association related activity, including in-person and conference call/video meetings. Maintain ongoing communication with members of the Alumni Leadership Council to ensure their meaningful involvement.
• Keep abreast of legal issues that affect the Alumni Association and College.
• Work closely as a member of the Institutional Advancement Office to ensure that all areas are working in a cohesive environment towards the goals of the College. Serve as an active member of the advancement leadership team.
• Oversee all financial decisions of the Alumni Relations Office, including setting and monitoring budgets, and overseeing all alumni fundraising on behalf of the College.
• Oversee the total operations of the Alumni Relations Office overseeing the progress of specific programs and providing leadership. Work with College departments to enhance alumni programming for their particular area.
• Collaborate with academic support departments to aid and assist them in reaching their goals and seek out where synergies exist with alumni programming. For example, working with student recruitment to create synergies by using alumni in far-reaching geographic locations.
• Oversee College alumni events and celebrations. Develop programs to ensure graduating students recognize the importance of their alumni involvement.
• Manage and grow the alumni contributions including support for events, annual, major, and capital gifts.
• Be available to alumni, friends of the College, parents, donors, and officials to discuss any facet of the institution. Represent the College in the community.
• Provide all alumni information to be used in marketing and fundraising publications and in the newsletter.
• Develop programs to build a culture of philanthropy across all alumni activities, from new student orientation to graduation.
• Work with fundraisers to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors.
• Collaborate with fundraising staff to develop acknowledgment and recognition procedures for major and leadership gifts that are consistent across audiences.
• Coordinate, prepare and implement all recognition correspondence including drafting thank you letters on behalf of College leadership, board members and other connectors.
• Manage naming and other donor gift recognition, including website, newsletter, “In Recognition of” and other stewardship communication strategies.
• Actively works to promote donor engagement, including activities, events, seminars, tours etc. to actively involve donors in Campus life enhancing and increasing their commitment to YCCECE. Create opportunities for donors to meet with student recipients and/or with recipients of endowed professorships, programs, and/or chairs.
• Create overall plan for donor acknowledgement letters for all types of gifts; coordinate with advancement operations and development colleagues to ensure coordination on gift receipts, acknowledgement letters and other recognition.
• Collaborate with Marketing to develop stewardship materials and marketing publications and direct the production schedule with vendors.
• Manage departmental budget and day-to-day operations supporting stewardship functions.
• Develop training documentation and train university-wide offices on stewardship standards. Create and maintain stewardship policies and procedures. Hire, supervise, and direct workload of student worker position(s) as appropriate.
• Recruit, train, and supervise student ambassadors for university-sponsored donor events.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Have a bachelor’s degree
2. Possess sophisticated interpersonal skills, strong initiative and organizational skills.
3. Be proficiency in English, Cantonese required, and Mandarin preferable.
4. Have at least 5 years professional experience and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written.
5. Be able to work independently as well as part of a team.
6. Be able to manage employees for maximum performance. Inspire and motivate alumni and volunteer leadership.
7. Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information.
8. Be able to articulate goals/objectives and meet those goals/objectives.
9. Ability to multitask and work in a team environment.
10. Can perform under pressure and willing to travel.
• Experience in educational institutions and/or alumni relations.
• Proven track record of success in annual and/or major-gift development work or comparable professional experience.
• Ability to engage and motivate prospects and volunteers.
• Basic understanding of fundraising.
• Experience with the use of E-Tapestry or other database system.
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts commencing as soon as possible.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, research grant, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. submit an application letter with a full curriculum vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of two references.
2. specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary.
3. send applications to HR Office, Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointees will be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.