The Assistant Manager (Facilities Manager) plays an important role in the monitoring, operation and maintenance of facilities in the College’s Tin Wan campus and other campuses/offices, if any.
i) To assist the College Leadership in the planning of infrastructure to cope with the College’s expansion;
ii) To assist in the annual budgeting related to facilities management;
iii) To draft tender documents;
iv) To produce facilities related reports;
v) To contribute to task force/working groups related to facilities management;
vi) To develop and maintain effective facilities management policies and procedure for the campus premises;
i) To liaise with different units on facilities matters;
ii) To liaise with external venue providers on facilities needed for the operation of part-time programmes;
iii) To liaise with and manage service providers/vendors to ensure works are completed with required time, cost & quality;
iv) To monitor the out-sourced services, e.g. maintenance, supplies, installations, renovations;
v) To supervise the support staff and to arrange their work schedule and supervise general office work’
vi) To patrol campus regularly and audit to ensure that the maintenance, cleanliness and standard are well maintained;
vii) To perform other duties as assigned by the College.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Bachelor’s degree in Property and Facility Management or equivalent qualification;
2. With minimum 3 years’ solid experience in property management or relevant experience;
3. Updated knowledge of building and other relevant statutory requirements;
4. Be flexible on the work schedule;
5. Be well organized, proactive, self-motivated and meticulous in problem solving;
6. Good command of both written and spoken English and Chinese;
7. Computer literate in MS Word, Excel and Chinese Word Processing.
Note: Less qualified applicants but show good potential may be appointed at Facilities Management Officer
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test.
Appointment will initially be made on fixed-term contract, renewable subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Remuneration will be based on qualifications and relevant experience.
The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. submit an application letter with a full curriculum vitae, current/last salary and expected salary, and the names and contact details of two references.
2. send applications to HR Office, Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Appointees will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check before appointment can be confirmed. The cost for the check will be reimbursable.
The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.