The College has launched a 38-month project titled ‘CoolPlay’ (tentative title) which is funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. It is the first large-scale project of early STEM education in Hong Kong. In cooperation with YCCECE values and objective, the project’s vision is to build up the capacity of schools, families, and community to support young children learning STEM.
To actualise the CoolPlay Project vision, passionate teachers, parents, and community leaders will form a network called Community of Practice. In the Community of Practice, these passionate stakeholders will share knowledge, collaborate, and provide support to each other. The Community Engagement Officer will be responsible for cultivating this Community of Practice among teachers, parents, and community leaders through various online and offline events.
The job holder will perform the following duties:
1. Closely liaise and coordinate with school contact person, principals and parents
2. Plan, facilitate and host community event to promote STEM in the early years
3. Supervisor and train student helpers to facilitate with parents’ engagement and community of practice events
4. Managing budget related to parents and community of practice events
5. Create network and synergy internally and externally
1. A Bachelor’s degree or above in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, Business, Management, Education, Psychology, Social Sciences, Information Technology or a related field.
2. At least 3 years of proven working experience in event conceptualization and execution
3. Experienced in collaborating with project teammates, educators, experts and higher education institution colleagues
4. Experience in managing projects in education or non-profit making sectors is a plus
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
6. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
7. Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
8. Outstanding project management knowledge and skills
9. Be comfortable working with a team of self-driven professionals who value competence and efficiency
10. Comfortable working in an emerging project backed by information technology
Appointment will be made on contract basis, initially one year and is renewable before the end of the project and subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The College will review applications immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.