The College has launched a 38-month project titled ‘CoolPlay’ (tentative title) which is funded by the Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust. It is the first large-scale project of early STEM education in Hong Kong. In cooperation with YCCECE values and objective, the project’s vision is to build up the capacity of schools, families, and community to support young children learning STEM.
To actualise the CoolPlay Project vision, passionate teachers, parents, and community leaders will form a network called Community of Practice. In the Community of Practice, these passionate stakeholders will share knowledge, collaborate, and provide support to each other. The Community of Practice Coordinator will be responsible for cultivating this Community of Practice among teachers, parents, and community leaders through various online and offline events.
The job holder will perform the following duties:
1. Create opportunities for Community of Practice members to share knowledge and collaborate in online and offline events.
2. Create, participate, and follow up with weekly posts on all Community of Practice online platforms
3. Maintain the online platforms and provide user support as needed
4. Support the Community of Practice related events
The successful candidate should possess a higher degree, preferably master, and have teaching and programme development experience in the education field:
1. A Bachelor’s degree or above in Event Management, Marketing, Communications, Business, Management, Education, Psychology, Social Sciences, Information Technology or a related field.
2. At least 2 years of experience working in a role with a combination of event management, communications, administrative, organizational, or leadership responsibilities.
3. Experiences working with families and teachers is a plus
4. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese is a must).
5. Good IT and social media skills, including the ability to set up and run virtual meetings and groups.
Appointment will be made on contract basis, initially one year and is renewable before the end of the project and subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
The College will review applications immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.