YCCECE is commissioned to drive a HK$67 million 3-year Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust project, named “Jockey Club ‘Bright Start’ Project” from 2021. The Project’s vision is to create and implement a nurturing care model comprises an 0-3 years educate framework, capacity building of practitioners and families, and a digital platform that facilitates home-centre communication. The new model aims to enhance professional practice, infrastructure and overall quality of Child Care Centres in Hong Kong. In addition, the project will cultivate a learning community that encourages and empowers knowledge transfer for sustainable development of holistic nurturing care.
To actualise this vision, it is crucial to support the operation of various events serving different stakeholders. The job holders will perform the following duties:
1. Design the curriculum for 0-3 years;
2. Develop the resource kits for childcare workers and families, and the community;
3. Coordinate and collect the feedback of the curriculum and resources;
4. Evaluate the curriculum content and resources, and relevant trainings; and
5. Perform any other duties as required by the College.
The successful candidate should possess a higher degree, and have teaching and programme leadership or management experience in the education industry.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Early Childhood Education preferred
2. At least 5 years of proven working experience in childcare services for 0-3 years
3. Experience in curriculum development in Early Childhood Education is a plus
4. Registered childcare worker is a plus
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
6. Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
7. Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
Appointment will be made on contract basis. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The College will review applications immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.