The Deputy Director (Administration & Development) reports to the Director (Administration & Development) and plays a key role in supporting the business initiatives and to achieve the strategic goals of the College. He/She should also perform an advocacy role to seek buy-in from stakeholders on policies and initiatives under the College to drive strategic synergy in achieving the agenda and mission for the College.
The job holder will perform the following duties:
• Incubate innovations for advancement at an institutional level.
• Devise strategic business plans for new development (e.g. Continuing & Professional Development and Community Education programmes).
• Liaise across units to promote synergies.
• Assist the Director (Administration & Development) in devising the implementation plan of new policies/initiatives of the College and follow through the implementation and delivery of new policies and initiatives.
• Make regular reporting to the supervisor and appropriate communication with stakeholders.
• To perform other duties assigned by supervisor.
• A Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline, MBA is an advantage
• At least 5 years of experience in managing a profitable project/business unit
• Be able to design, plan and execute a business plan.
• Have good exposure in the education industry, especially Early Childhood Education, and trends in the education industry.
• Excellent time management and problem-solving skills
• Excellent communication and presentation skills. This position has to communicate with parents, NGOs, trainers, students, senior executives and government officials from time to time
• Demonstrated ability to work with complexity and data
• Be resilient
Appointment will be made on contract basis, initially two years and is renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The College will review applications immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.