The Head (Institutional Advancement) reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement & Marketing (DIAM) or his/her designate and will be a senior lead in the Institutional Advancement and Marketing Office (IAMO).
The key responsibilities include:
• Strategise and support the team’s overall prospect portfolio including reporting on KPIs.
• Support the IA team by identifying solutions to address challenges on pipeline development, cultivation, and connections.
• Work with the DIAM to establish annual financial goals, strategies, risk management, and work plans on behalf of Fundraising team;
• Build a personal portfolio of prospects, donors and connectors with major-gift potential. Cultivate and conduct prospect research to build out a healthy pipeline and meet annual targets;
• Work with the larger IAMO team to develop supporting materials and proposals;
• Work with Stewardship Manager to establish donor stewardship plan and ensure that donor acknowledgements and deliverables are met and communicated in a timely manner;
• Build relationships with associations, corporate networks and other platforms to expand the reach and build prospect pipelines;
• Any other duties to support the team as appropriate.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. A Bachelor’s degree in Business/Communications/Marketing or related discipline;
2. At least 10+ years’ relevant work experience, at least half of which would have been in a leadership position. Experience in the post-secondary education sector will be an asset;
3. Deep knowledge of the Hong Kong philanthropic landscape and fundraising principles. Accreditation in fundraising will be an advantage;
4. Strong track record of previous fundraising and industry connections are a must;
5. Excellent communications and written skills in English and Chinese (Spoken Cantonese & Putonghua, ability to read & write traditional and simplified Chinese);
6. Ability to engage with senior executives;
7. Organized and task-oriented to meet deadlines;
8. Must be self-motivated and proactive;
9. Effective leadership skills required to nurture the team for optimum performance; and
10. Strong inter-personal skills, able to resolve issues and maintain strong relationships.
Appointment will be made on contract basis, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.