The Head of Marcom & Development reports to the Director of Institutional Advancement and Marketing (IAM). He/she will lead a team to help achieve the College’s overall marketing and communication goals and provides support to institutional advancement. This role will be responsible for the strategy, resource allocation, and impact reporting for these marketing activities. He/she would also run the operations for the IA team, including being on top of all the project timelines and impact reporting. This person should have line of sight on all the projects, stewardship, reporting needs, and donor-driven materials that the IA team will be working on.
• Marketing Leadership
o Develop the overall marketing strategy, plans, and budgets to achieve the student recruitment and branding targets.
o Ensure the quality and output of the marketing team, and be able to report out on output and impact.
o Manage the marketing team members including talent development and other personnel issues.
• Branding & Communications
o Actively lead on branding and communication for the College to ensure a consistent corporate image across different units.
o Identify, assess, and expand on opportunities raise the visibility and market share of the College. This includes strategies and measures to enhance brand awareness and preferences of students for admissions purposes.
o Establish and maintain networks and relationships with media.
o Plan and manage promotional PR and other relevant activities.
o Work with Corporate resources as needed.
• Admissions & Development
o corporate sponsorship and related development
o Support student recruitment by maintaining and growing relationships with the school networks in Hong Kong and beyond to promote the College for student recruitment, including outreach and seminars, logistics on admission process, and proactively expanding on different sources of potential students.
• Any other duties to support the team as appropriate.
1. A Master’s degree in Business/Communications/Marketing or related discipline;
2. At least 10 years’ relevant work experience. Experience in tertiary education sector and student recruitment will be a definite asset;
3. Good knowledge of the Hong Kong higher education market and self-financing institution and landscape;
4. Strong marketing experience in offline and online media for promotions, including social media, data analytics and database;
5. Sound event organizing, budget management, and PR skills;
6. Excellent communications and written skills in English and Chinese (Spoken Cantonese & Putonghua, ability to read & write traditional and simplified Chinese);
7. Meticulous and efficient, the candidate should be able to multi-task and have strong organizational, leadership and time management skills;
8. Must be self-motivated and proactive; and
9. Customer-service mindset and able to resolve issues and maintain strong relationships.
Appointment will be made on contract basis, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.