The post-holder will perform the following duties:
1. To planning the whole range of student services in step with the College’s development;
2. To manage the Student Affairs Office and supervise all staff within the SAO to ensure the effective delivery of all services, including:
(a) students’ adjustment to college life, enhance their learning experience and overcome learning difficulties;
(b) student development services to develop students’ potential to the fullest and nurture a supportive learning culture of the College as a teaching and learning community;
(c) provision of student welfare (including counseling) and related services;
(d) advice and support in regard to students’ applications for student visas and financial assistance under the Government scheme and the College Scholarship scheme; and
(e) support to students for their post-graduation progression to further study and/or employment.
3. To collaborate with organizations outside the College in the effective and appropriate delivery of their services to college students (such as professional counselling services);
4. To advise and support students to manage the Student Association, and establish and operate various student clubs/societies;
5. To cooperate with, and provide support to, other College units on activities involving alumni, existing students and in the recruitment of new students;
6. To contribute to the overall development and management of the College as member and/or secretary of various committees; and
7. To perform any other duties as assigned by the College.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Minimum a Masters Degree; and
2. At least 8 years’ relevant experience (experience in the post-secondary education sector will be an advantage);
3. Strong communications skills and good English and Chinese Language proficiency; and
4. Self-motivated, mature, able to work under pressure, good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills
Appointment will be made on contract basis, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.