The post-holder is expected to support the operation of the College Library. He/She will be responsible for:
• assisting in purchase and acquisition logistics;
• cataloging and classifying library materials in various formats;
• managing and maintaining serial collection;
• performing circulation services;
• handling basic reference enquiries;
• assisting to update the library website;
• processing and filing documents; and
• taking on any other duties as deemed necessary by the Librarian.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. be a holder of Higher Diploma in library and information services or related discipline;
2. have some experience in academic library setting would be an advantage;
3. have the ability to work meticulously and independently;
4. be self-motivated, well-mannered and a team player;
5. have good computer skills;
6. have knowledge of LMS Koha;
7. be good at both written and spoken English and Chinese; and
8. be willing to work on staggered schedules
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts commencing as soon as possible.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, research grant, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
1. Applicants are invited to:
2. submit an application letter with a full curriculum vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of two references.
3. specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary.
4. send applications to HR Office, Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
5. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointees will be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
1. Applicants with overseas qualifications will have to go through qualification assessment to be conducted by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation and Vocational Qualifications. The costs for the qualification assessment will be borne by the appointees.
2. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
3. Appointees will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check before appointment can be confirmed. The cost for the check will be reimbursable.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.