The College is seeking a qualified and highly dedicated person to teach the programme titled “Chinese Language Enhancement Programme for Kindergarten Teachers – Foundation Course” (幼稚園教師語文(中文)專業發展課程 – 基本課程) funded by the Standing Committee on Language Education & Research (SCOLAR) to raise kindergarten teachers’ competency to teach the Chinese Language to kindergarten students.
The programme aims at cultivating a culturally responsive environment and creating holistic learning support for Chinese speaking (CS) and non-Chinese speaking (NCS) children in local kindergartens. Participants of this programme will be serving kindergarten teachers/principals. The appointee will be responsible for programme preparation, programme delivery to the participants, marking of assignments and other teaching related duties.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. A Master’s degree in relevant discipline;
2. At least 4 years relevant teaching experience, experience as a kindergarten teacher/principal an added advantage;
3. Good communications skills;
5. Demonstrate relevant competency to perform the duties as described in the Position Summary.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointees.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter:
a. the course you apply to teach (please refer to the list above)
b. the area of specialism / courses they have been teaching in Higher Education
c. current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointees will be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
1. Degrees must be from nationally accredited institutions
2. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
3. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before an appointment can be confirmed.
4. Employment reference is also a must.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.