The appointee, reporting to the Manager (Practicum Office), gives strong support to the operation of the Practicum Office.
The appointee will be responsible for the following tasks:
1. To assist the Manager in overseeing the day to day operation of Office of Practicum and Professional Development;
2. To communicate with and service partner schools;
3. To keep running records of school profiles and information;
4. To collect and compile necessary documents for practicum;
5. To communicate with practicum supervisors in their roles;
6. To update the student practicum record on the College online system;
7. To support the Manager in placing students from YCCECE partner institutions of exchange programmes into Hong Kong ECE settings;
8. To be available and support practicum students’ needs and enquiries;
9. To coordinate with the College Registry on student data and record related matters;
10. To arrange activities and logistics related to Practicum;
11. To handle any other duties assigned by the College.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Minimum of a BA/BS/BEd Degree;
2. At least 2 years’ relevant experience;
3. Familiarity with post-secondary student-teacher practicum requirements an advantage;
4. Attention to details, reliability and good time management;
5. Strong people, organisation and management skills;
6. Strong communication skills and good English and Chinese (Cantonese);
7. Good IT skills.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test.
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts commencing August 2019 (or as soon as possible), renewable subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. submit an application letter with a full curriculum vitae, current/last salary and expected salary, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of two references.
2. send applications to HR Office, Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointees may be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Appointees will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check before appointment can be confirmed. The cost for the check will be reimbursable.
The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.