The Project Manager is to manage a project which aims to provide non-Chinese-speaking students (NCS, ethnic minorities group) with an augmented Chinese-language learning environment in addition to, and as an enhancement of, their physical tertiary education campus. It is regarded that the enhancement of interaction provided by the augmented learning environment is the key to their acquisition of social and vocational Chinese language skills.
The job holder will perform the following duties:
1. Coordinate the administration and finance work for the project
2. Supervise the operation of the project, including the development of learning resources,
workshops, and guide book publication.
3. Collaborate with project participants and partnership institutes to support and enhance non-Chinese speaking students’ learning experience for the project
4. Act as a bridge among stakeholders, including the AR development company, project team, project participants, partnership institutes, and respective government bodies on the quality assurance and development of the project
5. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chinese Language Support Team Leader or his/her delegates
The successful candidate possess a Master Degree or above, preferably doctoral, and have teaching and programme leadership or management experience in education industry.
1. A Master’s Degree in the field of Linguistics, Education, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field
2. At least three years of experience in educational research project management
3. At least three years of experience in teaching
4. Exceptional writing skills in both Chinese and English
5. High level of communicative competence and writing skills in English and Chinese
6. An academic background in teaching Chinese as a foreign language, or education (Chinese language) is preferred
7. Able to use specialized research software to conduct quantitative and/or qualitative analyses, e.g. NVivo, SPSS, Mplus, R.
8. Experience in working on projects funded by charities / trusts is an advantage
1. Fixed terms with a maximum of two years of contract with fringe benefits including leave, MPF and group medical insurance to eligible appointee.
2. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience.
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination.
2. Applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check.
3. The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
4. Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.