Funded by The Hong Kong Jockey Club Charities Trust, Jockey Club ‘CoolPlay’ Project is one of the first and largest projects in Hong Kong inspiring STEM interest in Early Childhood Education. In cooperation with YCCECE values and objective, the Project’s vision is to inspire STEM interest for young children through play. By nurturing children’s passions and interest in STEM, children will be prepared for STEM education in primary and secondary school. The Project aims to cultivate STEM learning among children by encouraging and empowering a larger community of trained educators and experts, as well as supportive parents, by making STEM-related concepts more accessible with tailored-made materials. The job holder will perform the following duties:
1. Ensure that all project outcomes and outputs are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
2. Develop and implement a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress of various project components simultaneously
3. Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs for the rapid changes in the society
4. Actively obtain and coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for a smooth implementation of the Project
5. Create synergy among the Project team and stakeholders (e.g. funder, partnership schools)
6. Create and maintain project documentation, including administrative and budget documents requested by the funder
The successful candidate should possess a higher degree, and have teaching and programme leadership or management experience in the education industry.
1. A bachelor’s degree
2. At least five years of experience in project management
3. Experience in managing projects in education or non-profit making sectors is a plus
4. Outstanding project management knowledge and skills, Project Management Professional (PMP) or any equivalent qualifications is a plus
5. Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Chinese
6. Strong problem-solving skills, solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
7. Experience in working on projects funded by charities trusts is an advantage
Fixed terms with maximum of three years of contract. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.