This position will mainly for the research project “Early Childhood Education Quality Framework and Standards in China: A Study in Shenzhen and Two Cities in Jiangsu”. Since this project has already started, it is needed to have a Research Associate on supporting the implementation of this project right now such as designing the research instruments, liaison with the CHERI team for data collection and support the operation of the Research Office. He/She will be responsible for:
1. Conduct literature review
2. Design Research Instrument
3. Data Collection and Analysis
4. Draft reports and draft manuscripts
5. Liaison with both external and internal parties for research matters
6. Organize various research activities (e.g. seminars and conference)
7. Support in Research Office operation
8. Support in further research project applications
9. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Research Office or his delegates
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Master Degree in Education, Psychology and Social Sciences and related disciplines
2. Minimum 1 year’ experience is preferred
3. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
4. Proficient in the use of SPSS and NVivo is preferred
5. Self-motivated, attention to details, open-minded, practical and thorough
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test.
Appointment will be made on contract basis. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.