Support a research project named “Exploring Innovative Pedagogical Practices in Early Childhood Education Teacher Education” and the operation of the Research Office. The appointee will be responsible for both research-related duties and technical solutions for this research project that aims to enhance the e-learning capabilities of the College. He/She will be responsible for:
1. Conduct literature review
2. Develop research instruments
3. Collect data and conduct analysis
a) Organize ongoing surveys and analyze survey data; gather, analyze and compile Learning Management System requirements from users for achieving quality teaching and learning outcomes
4. Compile reports and draft manuscripts
5. Provide support to end-users for Learning Management System adoption and application
a) Organize meetings/seminars/workshops/individual consultation sessions
b) Develop teaching and learning materials, tools and user guides
c) Evaluate the impact of these activities and materials on e-learning in the College
6. Organize the Train-the-Trainer programme for Learning Management System Student Helpers and evaluate this programme
7. Translate end-user requirements into business requirements for vendor’s functionalities development
8. Test and ensure the quality, reliability, and accuracy of all deliverables of the Learning Management System Project and that they meet end-users needs
9. Collaborate with project team members and other stakeholders to complete the full migration of course content to the new Learning Management System
10. Liaise with and manage Learning Management System vendor to address, test and implement Learning Management System solutions
11. Collaborate and assist with a variety of stakeholders in implementing and adopting the Learning Management System in their functional activities
12. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head of Research Office or his delegates
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Bachelor’s Degree or above in education, social sciences, psychology, information technology or related disciplines
2. Minimum 3 years’ experience or Master degree in related disciplines plus 1 year post-master’s degree work experience
3. Experience in related academic research would be an advantage (E.g. E-Learning, Teacher Education, Early Childhood Education & Teaching & Learning)
4. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese
5. Proficient in the use of Learning Management System (including Moodle, OpenLMS and Turnitin)
6. Knowledge in computer applications (e.g. Excel) and SPSS statistical analysis is essential.
7. Self-motivated, diligent, intellectually curious, open-minded, practical and thorough
8. Applicants with less experience or qualifications may be considered as Research Assistant.
• Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend a written test.
Appointment will be made on contract basis. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Satisfactory employment reference is required before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.