The main tasks for the appointee are:
1. To perform general accounting duties such as voucher preparation, journal inputs, billings, receipts and bill payments etc.
2. To handle full set of accounts independently for month-end and year-end closing.
3. To prepare monthly financial statements, cash flow, forecasting activities and analysis reports to College’s Management.
4. To liaise with banker, external auditor and other professional parties
5. To assist in system changes or enhancements and new system implementation.
6. To support the College’s general administration, events and activities.
7. To perform other duties and assignments as requested by the supervisor/College.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Degree in Accounting or Business-related disciplines.
2. Minimum 4 years of relevant experience in Accounting and Finance.
3. Advanced proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft applications (Knowledge of Sage 300 (ACCPAC) will be an advantage).
4. Experience in system enhancement/implementation would be an asset.
5. Good command of written and spoken English and Chinese.
6. Self-motivated, mature, able to work independently under pressure, collaborative mindset, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Remarks: Candidates holding Higher Diploma or Associate Degree in Accounting or related discipline and with 2-3 years’ relevant experience will be considered for Assistant Accounting Officer position.
Initial appointment will normally be made on a 12-month contract, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.