The Yew Chung Early Childhood Development Centre [YCECDC] created under the College aims to connect valuable and innovative early childhood principles and practices with the greater community; offering young children, and all who are connected and involved in the lives of young children, an inspirational journey of wonder, curiosity, and growth. YCECDC will operate the Discovery Space which boasts dynamic learning environments for children aged 6 months to 8 years of age, where exploration, investigation, creativity, and imagination lead the way in quality learning and development. The indoor and outdoor spaces are intentionally designed around effective learning experiences, where children learn about themselves, others, and the greater world in a highly motivating and inspiring playful approach.
Further the Centre can be obtained at https://www.yccece.edu.hk/en/ycecdc-discovery-space/
With the vision and mission of YCECDC clearly expressed above, it is important for the Teacher to embody and role-model the beliefs and culture YCECDC aims to instill, in order to accomplish such vision and mission; furthermore, the Teacher will be working closely with the YCECDC team to enrich the lives of the children, families, and students who engage the YCECDC, and this work is deemed as essential in the advocacy role of the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a minimum of Higher Diploma in Early Childhood Education
2. Have minimum of one year’s relevant teaching experience in early childhood settings
3. Should have excellent first language abilities (Cantonese or English or one of the ethnic minority languages), as well as conversational second language (conversational English is required by all YCECDC staff).
4. Should possess effective communication skills, as well as relational, supportive, and team-player attributes
5. Should demonstrate responsible and committed working ethic, as well as advocacy and ambassadorial skills
6. Be willing to work on weekends.
Less experienced applicants with good potential can be hired as Assistant Teacher.
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts commencing July or August 2019 (or as soon as possible), renewable subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, research grant, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.