The successful applicant will teach English language and General Education Courses.
The appointee is expected to engage in active scholarly activities and other tasks as appropriate.
Senior Lecturer Rank
1. A relevant Doctoral degree or comparable professional qualifications;
2. At least 5 years’ full-time teaching, curriculum design and development experience at post-secondary level;
3. Substantial programme or relevant academic management experience; and
4. Active participation in scholarly and research activities.
1. A Master’s degree in relevant discipline;
2. At least 3 years’ full-time teaching, curriculum design and development experience at post-secondary level; and
3. Active participation in scholarly activities.
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts for full-time positions, renewable subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance (with dental coverage), staff development sponsorship and leave, research grant, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter:
a. Rank applied for
b. the area of specialism / courses they have been teaching in Higher Education
c. current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointees will be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
1. Applicants with overseas qualifications will have to go through qualification assessment to be conducted by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation and Vocational Qualifications. The costs for the qualification assessment will be borne by the appointees.
2. Degrees must be from nationally accredited institutions.
3. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
4. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.