The post-holder should be knowledgeable and experienced individual on research work at tertiary education institutions and related supporting systems and mechanisms such that s/he would be able, under the supervision and coordination of the Team Leader, to achieve the expected outcomes of the proposed Infrastructure Development Project. The Head should have experience in drafting policies and reports on research, in working with and supporting research-related boards and committees of tertiary institutions such as Research Committee, Research Ethics Committee, Faculty Boards (on issues of Research), in organizing faculty research seminars and conferences or seminars for students conducting research projects, in compiling database and report statistics concerning research inputs and outputs of faculty and students, in exploring new research initiatives, funds and co-operations, and for supporting the College in publishing research publications of faculty’s research work.
For these developments, the Head should be able to lead the Research Office to achieve the following functions: (i) identifying opportunities for external research funds; (ii) assisting with the preparation of external grant applications; (iii) identifying and connecting with potential collaborators; (iv) assisting with conducting research by providing research assistants and other support; (v) providing workshops on the external grant application process, research methods, writing reports, and submitting research outcomes to academic journals, etc.; (vi) advocating for our academic staff with external research sponsors and collaborators; (vii) administering all aspects of the sponsored research process including ensuring compliance with applicable rules and laws; (viii) fostering the creation, management and technological transfer of intellectual property; (ix) reporting research performance internally; and (x) developing and managing platform for disseminating research outcomes.
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Minimum a Master’s Degree, a doctoral degree preferred;
2. At least 5 years’ relevant experience;
3. Strong communications skills and good English and Chinese Language proficiency;
4. Good computer skills; and
5. Self-motivated, mature, able to work under pressure, good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
Appointment will be made on contract basis, renewable subject to mutual consent.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
3. Employment reference will be required.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.