The post-holder will focus on teaching ECE related courses and all duties related to teaching these courses.
Suitable candidates may be assigned other duties such as assisting development of the College in China and/or academic administration of the academic unit.
Candidates are expected to be philosophically and pedagogically aligned with our play-based and constructivist approach to ECE, and share our vision and mission. We also expect candidates to have a high level of English proficiency, and the ability to teach confidently in English, preferably with experience in teaching non-native speakers. Chinese (Cantonese and/or Putonghua) proficiency as well as experience with teaching online and/or demonstrated competency using new technologies would be advantageous too.
1. A Master’s degree in relevant discipline;
2. At least 3 years’ full-time teaching, curriculum design and development experience at post-secondary level; and
3. Active participation in scholarly activities.
4. Experience as an Early Childhood practitioner or leader is advantageous.
Assistant Lecturer Rank
1. A Master’s degree in relevant discipline; and
2. Preferably some teaching experience at post-secondary level.
3. Experience as an Early Childhood practitioner or leader is advantageous.
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts commencing August 2020 (or as soon as possible) for full-time positions, renewable subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance (with dental coverage), staff development sponsorship and leave, research grant, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter:
a. Rank applied for
b. the area of specialism / courses they have been teaching in Higher Education
c. current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointees will be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
1. Applicants with overseas qualifications will have to go through qualification assessment to be conducted by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation and Vocational Qualifications. The costs for the qualification assessment will be borne by the appointees.
2. Degrees must be from nationally accredited institutions.
3. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
4. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check. Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.