Candidates should be able to take up teaching of the one the following courses:
* Foundations of ECE II
* Children with Diverse Needs (Ages 3-6) / (Instructional Strategies)
* Foundations of ECE III (A Sociological Review of Contemporary ECE Issues in Hong Kong)
We welcome candidates who are philosophically and pedagogically aligned with our play-based and constructivist approach to ECE, and share our vision and mission. We also expect candidates to have a high level of English proficiency, and the ability to teach confidently in English, preferably with experience in teaching non-native speakers. Chinese (Cantonese and/or Putonghua) proficiency as well as experience with teaching online and/or demonstrated competency using new technologies would be advantageous too.
1. Minimum a Master’s degree in ECE or closely related field, or comparable professional experiences;
2. Practitioner experience in ECE settings; and
3. Teaching experience at post-secondary level
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter:
a. the area of specialism / courses they have been teaching in Higher Education
b. current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Appointees will be required to undergo a teacher registration process with the Education Bureau. In order to complete this process, the following are required:
1. Degrees must be from nationally accredited institutions
2. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
3. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.