In cooperation with YCCECE values and objective, the project vision is to nurture kindergarteners for STEM education. Strong evidence has suggested that early investment in early childhood education has paid off, particularly in the increasingly competitive global economy. Early preparation for STEM education helps to ameliorate the learning gaps among children with different socioeconomic and cultural backgrounds. Accessible early experience prevents these gaps from persisting or even growing. This project is one of the very first projects to systematically develop Hong Kong’s own model for early STEM education. The job holder will perform the following duties:
1. Coordinate the administration and finance work for the project
2. Supervise the operation of the project, including the development of learning resources, family workshops, and Community of Practice
3. Collaborate with parents and partnership schools to support and enhance children’s learning experience for the project
4. Act as a bridge among stakeholders, including the project team, schools, parents, local education institutes and respective government bodies on the quality assurance and development of the project
The successful candidate should possess a higher degree, preferably master, and have teaching and programme leadership or management experience in the education industry.
1. A master’s degree in the field of Education
2. At least eight to ten years of experience in programme management
3. At least two years of experience in teaching
4. High level of communicative competence and writing skills in English and/or Cantonese
5. An academic background in early childhood education or STEM education is preferred
6. Experience in working on projects funded by charities trusts is an advantage
Fixed terms with maximum of three years of contract. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.