In cooperation with YCCECE values and objective, the project vision is to nurture kindergarteners for STEM education. Guiding principles to prepare kindergarten children will be developed. These guiding principles, along with the input of theories and good practices, will subsequently contribute to the development of project resources called Jumpstarters. The prototype of the Jumpstarters will be developed into School Jumpstarters and Home Jumpstarters. The School Jumpstarters will support teacher development for pre-service teachers and in-service teachers, whereas the Home Jumpstarters will support parents facilitating children’s exploration of STEM at home. The job holder will perform the following duties:
1. Research and analyse STEM-related curriculum, product and resources for young children in the market
2. Assist with Jumpstarters prototype development, collect feedback on Jumpstarters implementation, and improve the content accordingly.
3. Develop Jumpstarter user manual for parents and schools
4. Support workshops for family Engagement and community of practice
The successful candidate should possess a higher degree, preferably master, and have teaching and programme development experience in the education field.
1. A bachelor degree in Early Childhood Education or STEM Education
2. At least 2 years of experience working with kindergarten-level children
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese
4. Experience in developing early childhood curriculum or educational products is an advantage
5. Experience in reflective and inquiry-based teaching
Fixed terms with maximum of three years of contract. Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (email@example.com).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.