The post holder will carry a functional title ‘Centre Teacher’ will work in the Pamela Peck Discovery Space to provide engaging and stimulating learning-through-play experiences. Together with the Centre team, Centre Teachers will also mentor student-teachers, as well as provide professional development to the community, such as parents and caregivers.
1. Design Engagement Experiences within Discovery Space (DS)
2. Plan, prepare and carry out provocations and learning activities
3. Engaging, extending and facilitating children and families
4. Initiating and forming positive relationships with children and families visiting DS
5. Designing & Facilitating specialized learning programmes
6. Working alongside school visits
7. Plan, collect, design and prepare YCECDC documentation
8. Undertake any other duties assigned by the College
Applicants should meet the following requirements:
1. Hold a Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Education (or equivalent)
2. Have minimum of one year’s relevant teaching experience in early childhood settings
3. Should have excellent first language abilities (Cantonese or English or one of the ethnic minority languages), as well as conversational second language (conversational English is required by all YCECDC staff).
4. Should possess effective communication skills, as well as relational, supportive, and team-player attributes
5. Should demonstrate responsible and committed working ethic, as well as advocacy and ambassadorial skills
6. Be willing to work on weekends (Saturdays and/or Sundays).
Note: HDECE holders with less experience but with good potential can be hired as Assistant Teacher.
Appointment will be made on fixed-term contracts, renewable subject to performance and mutual agreement.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Applicants with overseas qualifications may have to go through qualification assessment to be conducted by the Hong Kong Council for Accreditation and Vocational Qualifications. The costs for the qualification assessment will be borne by the appointees.
2. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
3. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.