A Certificate Award of Completion will be awarded to students who obtained a passing grade and fulfilled the attendance requirement in individual courses. The award is equivalent to a HKQF* Level 4 qualification.
Students who have completed all constituent courses of a Professional Certificate and have fulfilled relevant course and attendance requirements will be awarded the ‘Professional Certificate’ qualification which is equivalent to a HKQF Level 4 qualification.
Certificate in Child Caregiving
A Certificate Award of Completion will be awarded to students who obtained a passing grade and fulfilled the attendance requirement in Certificate in Child Caregiving. The award is equivalent to a HKQF Level 3 qualification.
*HKQF: Hong Kong Qualifications Framework
The Certificate Programmes do not lead to teacher certification but will provide updated knowledge and training to ECE professionals.
Either English or Chinese is offered as medium of instruction of each programme,
Please refer to the links below for the schedules and venues for programmes of each language:
There is no pre-requisite nor co-requisite requirement. Students meeting the admissions requirements may apply to study one or a number of the constituent courses of a Professional Certificate Programme based on their interest or needs, they can complete the constituent courses in any order.
Students who have completed all constituent courses of the same language and have fulfilled relevant course and attendance requirements can apply for the Professional Certificate which is equivalent to a HKQF Level 4 qualification.
Students are required to use language of the programme enrolled for all assessments in each programme.
Please refer to the admission requirement as listed below:
Admission requirements of the Certificate Programmes are as follows:
1. Academic Qualifications
• applicants who obtain five level 2 (including Chinese & English) in HKDSE; or
• are holders of Certificate in Early Childhood Education as approved by the Education Bureau [C(ECE)]; or
• are holders of Qualified Kindergarten Teacher (QKT) or Qualified Assistant Kindergarten Teacher (QAKT); or
• are mature candidates who are over age 21; or
• holders of equivalent qualifications are eligible to apply for the Certificate Programmes.
Certificate in Child Caregiving
• applicants who completed Secondary Education; or
• attained QF Level 2 qualification(s); or
• are mature applicant of age 21 are eligible to enroll the programme.
2. Admission Interviews
For all mature applicants who do not meet the requirements stated above are required to attend an admission interview.
3. Personal Statement
Every applicant is required to submit a personal statement according to the language of the programme applied as stated on the application form.
Application will be processed only when all required documents and tuition fee are received. Applicants should receive, via email, admission notification and class details before course commencement.
Persons who meet the following criteria can apply for CEF:
• Hong Kong residents who have the right of abode or the right to land or to remain in Hong Kong without restriction, i.e. “A” (right of abode), “R” (right to land) or “U” (remain in Hong Kong without restriction) should appear below the date of birth on the HK Smart Identity Card, or holders of one-way permit from Mainland China. For details of the meaning of the symbols, please visit the website of the Immigration Department
• Aged between 18 and 70 (i.e. before reaching the age of 71) both at the time when the CEF reimbursable course under application commences and at the time when an application for fee reimbursement is submitted, which should be within one year upon the successful completion of the CEF reimbursable course. Late applications will not be accepted;
• Have enrolled in and paid the tuition fee for the CEF reimbursable course; and
[Remarks : All CEF course providers are required to collect the tuition fees of CEF courses on an equal monthly instalments basis except those which have been granted exemption by the Secretary for Labour and Welfare. For the list of the exempted courses, please refer to " Reimbursable Course List" in the website of the Office of Continuing Education Fund (OCEF).]
• Have not obtained any other public funds or assistance under any other publicly-funded financial assistance schemes for the same course.
• For further/latest information on CEF, please visit their official website https://www.wfsfaa.gov.hk/cef/en/index.htm