The major role of this job is to assist the Head (Research Office) on promoting the research capacity, culture and branding of the College.
The main tasks for the appointee are:
1. Assist the Head (Research Office) to provide professional support to staff and students in relation to research (e.g. handling enquiries, arranging consultation and launching various research activities.
2. Provide professional administrative support to Head (Research Office) (e.g. draft reports, announcement, preparing budgets, arranging meetings and managing website)
3. Assist the Head (Research Office) to liaison with both internal and external parties (e.g. government departments, non-governmental organizations, schools and etc.)
4. Maintain good connection with CHERI (YCEF Mainland Research Centre) includes visiting the facilities in China
5. Provide professional support in research to staff and students (e.g. literature review, data processing and preparing research proposal)
6. Assist the Head (Research Office) to prepare funding application and research development proposal for UGC, EDB and other external parties
7. Perform any other duties as assigned by the Head (Research Office) or his delegates
1. A university degree in Education or Social Sciences is preferred
2. Higher Degree/Associate Degree holder in related disciplines will also be considered
3. One year of relevant research experience in higher education institution is preferred
4. Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
Initial appointment will normally be made on a renewable 24-month contract.
Remuneration is competitive and will be based on qualifications and relevant experience. The College offers group medical insurance, staff development support, annual leave and sick leave, and Mandatory Provident Fund to eligible appointee(s).
Applicants are invited to:
1. Submit an application letter with a full Curriculum Vitae, and copies of all graduate transcripts, and the names and contact details of three references.
2. Specify in the application letter current/latest salary and expected salary
3. Send applications to the Yew Chung College of Early Childhood Education by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. The College will review applications immediately and applications will be accepted until the posts are filled. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
1. Appointees will have to undergo a medical examination. Reimbursement of costs subject to a ceiling is applicable.
2. Local applicants will have to undergo a Sexual Conviction Record Check / Overseas applicants will have to present a police report before appointment can be confirmed.
The College also reserves the right to make an appointment by invitation.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment-related purposes only.